Patients experiencing injury, surgery, illness, or self-management of chronic disease requiring recovery and recuperation may be eligible for home health care through their Medicare benefit.
To meet Medicare guidelines, each patient must:
- Meet the definition of ‘homebound (the normal inability to leave home). Must be a ‘taxing and considerable effort’ by the patient and requires the assistance of others or a supportive device. Absences from home for non-medical reasons must be infrequent and for a short duration.
- Have a specific care need requiring part-time or intermittent care.
- Require the care of a nurse or therapist.
- Be under the care of a physician licensed to practice in the state of Minnesota
Our respite service includes:
- Assistance with personal care and grooming
- Assistance with transfers/ambulation
- Assistance with exercises
- and more.
Please note that the level of services available may vary due to what your insurance provider allows.